We’ve seen some great public service announcements recently which made us wonder – why not do a post on the best PSA campaigns in the last couple of years?
We scoured the internet, filtered the not-so-great ones and came up with this list of 60 hard-hitting ads that deal with social, environmental, health and other issues. From ad school assignments to Cannes-winners, these powerful visuals do more than just spread the message. Check them out below.
1. Before it’s too late
2. Certain things hang on forever
3. Plastic bags kill
4. Ignore us, ignore human rights
5. Stop the violence, don’t drink and drive
6. It’s not happening here, but it is happening now
7. If you don’t pick it up, they will
8. See how easy feeding the hungry can be?
9. Guess which item is banned in America?
10. The back seat’s no safer, belt up
11. Every 60 seconds a species dies out
12. Schizophrenia can be treated. Seek help.
13. Slower is better
14. Nobody’s immune to breast cancer, not even superwomen
15. If dying for your faith makes you a martyr…
16. He has his mother’s eyes
17. Tailgating isn’t worth it
18. For some, it’s Mt.Everest
19. 1988 –
20. On the internet, some things are not what they seem
21. Women need to be seen as equal
22. Give a hand to wildlife
23. Help before it’s too late
24. Thousands of people owe their lives to organ donors
25. Sexual predators can hide in your child’s smartphone
26. One click could change your life. Belt up.
27. Save paper. Save the planet.
28. If you don’t feed them, who will?
29. You are not a sketch, say no to anorexia
30. Now you see it, now you don’t
31. Victims are people just like you and me
32. Don’t cut a dream
33. Censorship tells the wrong story
34. It should’t be this dangerous. Stop for flashing red lights.
35. Sleepiness is stronger than you
36. I’ll be there in a while, wheelchair
37. What goes around, comes around. Keep the sea clean.
38. The longer a child with autism goes without help, the harder they are to reach
39. If you smoke, statistically your story will end 15% before it should
40. Animals are not clowns
41. What goes around, comes around
42. Bullets leave bigger holes than you think
43. Be patient with people who stutter
44. The earth is heating up
45. Signs are there for a reason
46. The tsunami killed 100 times more people than 9/11
47. Air pollution kills 60,000 people a year
48. Hunger kills 2.5 million children every year
49. Don’t buy exotic animal souvenirs
50. Workers are not tools
51. Don’t talk while he drives
52. Think of both sides
53. Stop the (animal) abuse
54. Neglected children are made to feel invisible
55. Your skin color shouldn’t dictate your future
56. Same dog, different owner
57. Prevent breast cancer. Do the self examination.
58. Liking isn’t helping
59. For the homeless, every day is a struggle
60. Smoking causes premature ageing
If we had to pick three, it would be tough, but no.2 (Casa Do Menor), 28 (Concordia) and 45 (Buick) would be our choices. What about you? Did we miss one that should be on this list? Share this post and join the discussion below.