Scandinavian bank Nordnet promises a ‘transparent banking’ experience where you have full control over your money and investments. To demonstrate just how honest they are, they’ve launched a hilarious 4-ad campaign featuring actor Danny Fehsenfeld, who admits he was hired for $8000 to tell you how great Nordnet is as compared to other banks.
Danny goes on to explain that the reason they chose him is because he’s more handsome than the bank’s real CEO and also because he ‘looks successful’ in a suit. He continues to poke fun at clichéd bank ads while promoting Nordnet’s USPs in a subtle manner. Check it out below. The first video leads the campaign with the second, third and fourth as follow-ups.
1. Welcome to transparent banking
2. Trust random people with all of your savings
3. The greatest place to save and invest in the world
4. Who would you rather trust with your money?
Ads by financial institutions are usually mundane and kudos to Nordnet and agency Fortune (Stockholm) for taking a humorously refreshing approach. Seen a better campaign in this industry of late? Share this post and your views in the comments below.
Update: Here’s Danny Fehsenfeld’s response to this post, via Twitter:
@DigitalSynopsis glad you enjoyed my commercial! I had so much fun making it!
— Danny Fehsenfeld (@DannyFehsenfeld) December 6, 2014
- Zero Budget, No Agency, 90 Million Views: This Is Australia’s Most Viral Ad This Year
- Press ‘R’ And This Incredibly Brilliant Honda Ad Switches To A Parallel Storyline
- 21 Hilarious Comic Strips That Sum Up The World Of Advertising