Dubai-based UI/UX designer Alejandro Ausejo has compiled a useful series of design tips titled “7 laws of UX design” based on several studies on human behavior and psychology by respectful scientists. These include:
• Von Restorff Effect – Hedwig von Restorff
• Hick’s Law – William Edmund Hick and Ray Hyman
• Fitt’s Law – Paul Fitts
• Zeigarnik Effect – Bluma Wulfovna Zeigarnik
• Serial Position Effect – Herman Ebbinghaus
• Law of Common Region – Gestalt Psychology
• Law of Proximity – Gestalt Psychology
These laws show us how we perceive and process visual data. If you have an understanding of how our brain analyzes information, you have a clear advantage in creating a successful user experience. Check out the laws below, and keep them in mind the next time you design an interface.
Share this post with a designer friend and voice your views in the comments below.