Manchester-based design studio Madrigal Creative has come up with an amusing series of ‘Graphic Design Proverbs’ that combine famous proverbs with graphic design puns. So, “Better safe than sorry” becomes “Better SAVE than sorry”. “Marry in haste, repent at leisure” becomes “MERGE in haste, repent at leisure”. Check out the full list below.
1. The path of a thousand miles begins with one step
2. Marry in haste, repent at leisure
3. Every cloud has a silver lining
4. Fortune favours the bold
5. The pen is mightier than the sword
6. Actions speak louder than words
7. The road to hell is paved with good intentions
8. The grass is always greener on the other side
9. Better safe than sorry
10. Too many cooks spoil the broth
Our favourites: no. 1, 8 and 10. What about you? Can you think of more? Share this post and voice your views in the comments below.