“Good design is invisible. Bad design is everywhere.” is a well-known concept among designers. It means that you don’t always notice great design because it brings the focus on the product, business or service and enhances their value. Bad design, on the other hand, sticks out like a sore thumb.
Today’s post is an epic list of design fails that validate this concept and make you laugh, cringe or cry (depending upon your tolerance to bad design). A note to clients everywhere – let these 25 images serve as reminders to always hire a professional designer and pay full price.
1. Get a Job.
2. Better Than Cream Cheese? NO!
3. Probably the first time someone’s used blue for the islands and orange for the sea
4. What about when you cross your legs?
5. Can’t wait for 3 o’clock to get over
6. I wonder what letters could possibly go there?
7. Yes, that’s exactly how pie charts work
8. When you don’t know Roman numerals but love designing watch dials
9. I think we know what kind of pills those are
10. These Lego instructions
11. Guess they ran out of metal
12. Pretty sure Germany, Russia and India don’t use those flags any more.
13. Sparkling Leemoonade
14. Still not sure how much is E
15. Finally, I can bounce around underneath Spider-Man’s crotch, just like I’ve always wanted!
16. Should I ok cancel or cancel cancel?
17. Unless we change ourselves, we can’t change the world
18. Brown … kids are weird
19. Ass Cafe
20. Might want to redo the font sizes
21. You ake m hpp
22. The double appendages on this guy
23. Just hang yourself ✔️
24. The pencil that teaches kids to never make mistakes
25. Cool… what?!