Still using Bevel and Emboss on your Photoshop text? That’s not a bad idea if you want your designs to look like flea market flyers from the 90s. Here’s a handy tutorial by Nathaniel Dodson at Tutvid that features 10 common Photoshop mistakes that amateur designers make, and how to avoid them.
Topics covered (with timestamps):
1. Bevel and Emboss (1:27)
2. Selective Color (4:39)
3. Over-Whitening Teeth (6:23)
4. Exporting any Code for Web Design (8:48)
5. Too much HDR/Unsharp Mask/High Pass/Clarity (10:14)
6. Retouching Directly on a Layer (13:22)
7. Applying Adjustments to a Layer (15:50)
8. Applying Filters Directly to a Layer (17:25)
9. Not using TypeKit (19:58)
10. Bad Selection Edges for a Composite (22:10)
More videos from tutvid:
10 Powerful Photoshop Skills/Techniques You Need To Know
28 Amazing Photoshop CC Tips, Tricks, & Hacks
Share this post with a designer friend and voice your views in the comments below. Source: DesignTAXI. Check out the recommended section below for more such useful posts.