Nike’s JUST DO IT is one of the most popular advertising slogans of all time. Coined by Wieden+Kennedy back in 1988, it was ranked second by AdAge in its list of top 10 slogans of the 20th century (the first spot went to “Diamonds are forever” by DeBeers). Nike celebrated 25 years of its iconic campaign with a super cool commercial that’s skyrocketed to the top of the viral video charts with over 3 million YouTube views in just 2 days! Check it out below.
Titled “Just Do It – Possibilities”, the ad encourages viewers to push the limits and go that extra mile to challenge not only themselves, but also sports stars and athletes at their own game. Bradley Cooper narrates the voiceover that starts with the line “If you can run a mile, run a race”. The video features Serena Williams, Lebron James, Gerard Pique and Andre Ward. The agency is Wieden + Kennedy, Portland.
Coming back to great ad slogans, here are a few more iconic ones off the top of our heads:
- I’m loving it – McDonalds
- Think different – Apple
- Finger lickin’ good – KFC
- Connecting people – Nokia
- Because you’re worth it – L’Oréal
- Always Coca-Cola – Coca-Cola
- The Ultimate Driving Machine – BMW
- Got Milk? – California Milk Processor Board
- The world’s local bank – HSBC
- Impossible is nothing – Adidas
Have more in mind? Share them in the comments below.
- McDonald’s World Cup Ad Features The Most Mind-boggling Trick Shots Ever
- 17 Famous Ad Slogans That Work For Condom Brands As Well
- 40 Honest Advertising Slogans That’ll Make You Laugh