The theme of this year’s LA Design Challenge is “Highway Patrol Vehicle 2025” and Mercedes Benz has come up with a stunning entry for the same. Merc’s designers have indulged in some serious steroidal design-evolution using the DNA of the G-Class to come up with this futuristic concept titled the ‘Ener-G-Force‘.
- Equipped with a hydro-tech converter that converts water stored in tanks on the roof into hydrogen for powering the fuel cells (it is 2025 after all :)). Hypothetical range = 500 miles (800 km).
- ‘Terra-Scan’ 360-degree topography scanner to map the surrounding area and the road ahead
- Small windows to provide safety cocoon for law enforcement officers
- Extra-strong emergency lights
- Massive wheels to ensure ‘right of way’
- The LEDs in the headlamps form the letter ‘G’
Click images to download high-res versions.